Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Holidays Days 4-7

I can assure you that you haven't missed much. What did I do for the last few days of freedom? Jack. Shit. Well, I suppose that's not entirely true, but I certainly didn't do a lot. Thanks Mother Nature! Just when we hoped it would warm up a bit to do some road-trippin', we got hit with another dump of snow. Fortunately, the Jeep could handle it, so I let my lovebug chauffeur me around town. We decided to go see a movie to at least get out of the apartment. We agreed on Black Swan, which I thought I wanted to see, but at the same time, was a little hesitant. It got a great review as a date movie from my pal Dave, so I thought, hmmm...if Dave liked it, it must be good! If you're not familiar with it, (to which I say, get out from under your rock!) here's the trailer.

I'll be honest. I didn't like it. 20 minutes in, I was SO uncomfortable, I wanted to leave. But I toughed it out. And I'll be straight up. I hate feet. Toenails gross me out. Typing that word just makes me gag. And so to watch a film with close ups of gross, dancer feet almost made me hurl in the theatre. But, like a big girl, I just turned my head and hoped it was over. Out of 5, I give it a 1. I really didn't like how it fucked with my head. That being said, the cast of the film was perfect. I couldn't see anyone else do the roles, and I can see why Natalie Portman won the Golden Globe and has been nominated for an Oscar. My lovebug really enjoyed the film. He gave it a 4/5 easy. And he liked it for more than the giant lesbian scene. But he's a thinker and can deal with these kind of movies. I don't always like to think when I watch a movie.
Aside from that, I did some laundry, visited with friends and family....took my bottles into the depot...pretty mundane. But at the same time, it was a much-needed vacation. I really didn't want to go back to work haha.
If you see Black Swan, let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment