Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Holidays Days 2 & 3

Yesterday was Day 2 of my holidays. Not an overly exciting day. I got the call back from the bank. No money for this honey! Which almost brought me to tears. I'm going to try and do a budget for next month, and Gail Vas-Oxlade suggests looking at your bank statement from the previous month and going from there. Since last month was Christmas, and I had a lot of bonus money coming in, I'm finding it really difficult to get an accurate number. So I shall try for February 1st. Other than that, the boyfriend and I determined I am also a stuck fool in my parking lot of broken dreams. As you can see from the picture below, I am barely able to get into my car!
Funny story though...in getting into my car I ended up splitting the seam of my pants! I was so choked! I would be the only person to lose 20+ lbs and still split their pants. Oh well, I guess this means I get to go shopping...oh WAIT! Except I can't because I'm in debt up past my arse.
So that was essentially Day 2. We went to the grocery store and my boyfriend cooked for me for the second time in our relationship. He made a chicken dish which was tasty and super healthy! Chicken thighs (you can use chicken breasts if you wanted) covered in chopped bell peppers and mushrooms. with a bit of light shredded cheese on top, a lot of salsa and more cheese. It actually worked out quite nicely and it made for an AWESOME lunch the second day! That was pretty much it. We watched Despicable Me, which he hadn't seen yet and we LOL'd. What an excellent movie!
Day 3, still stuck, so I ask for a ride to the gym. No worries. I also started the Couch to 5K program today. Essentially it trains you to run to a 5K in like 6 weeks. Today's work out was a 5 minute warm up, followed by 20 minutes alternating between running (60sec) and walking (90sec). I had a REALLY good workout afterwards and found I had a ton of energy to burn! I also picked up this handy-dandy gadget from my gym. It's called the easyFIT. I mainly bought it to track my calories burnt more efficiently, but I'm hoping I will fall in love with it for the rest of it's features. Now we're hopefully off to a movie! "Black Swan" I think as won the vote...however I kinda want to see "The King's Speech".

No comments:

Post a Comment