Monday, January 17, 2011

Holidays Day 1

I don't know if I could have picked a more perfect week in January to take some holidays. We just had a record snowfall and most of the folks in my parking lot are stuck. Suckers. I heard we got 20cm+ of snow in a 24 hr period. I believe it. According to the Government of Canada's website, our temps will improve tomorrow. There's still going to be snow, but we're looking at -7, -11, +2 and +1 over the next few days. Which is AWESOME. Which means, my lovebug and I will be able to fufill my Whitespot cravings and hit the road to Dawson Creek. If you've never been to a Whitespot before, I suggest you find one. They're mostly in BC but there are a couple in Alberta too. I'm seriously drooling over thoughts of a veggie burger with mushrooms, jack cheese, cucumbers, and mayo with sweet potato fries. Oh god....I wish I could find a picture and show you. I used to work at the one in Leduc, so I figured out some wonderful food combos while I worked there. Anyways...I digress... here are some pics of the snow!

My car is the green one in the middle - Yesterday afternoon
This is less than 12 hrs later. The truck finally unstuck!

In the above pics, the vehicles on either side of me haven't moved in 3 weeks or so. The truck finally got boosted this morning and got pushed out of its stall. The car beside me however, has pretty much disappeared! One of my favorite comparison pics of the snowfall is of this unfortunate soul. I don't know the last time these cars moved, but again, these are less than 12 hours apart.
Gotta love Northern Alberta in January! Current temperature is -24C (-31C with the windchill). And judging by the amount of people who got stuck this morning, I've opted to stay inside and organize my receipts for tax time. Yep. This is how I've spent Day 1 of my holidays so far. My lovebug is on his way home from work and all road conditions leading to here are labeled as POOR. It's almost noon now, I bet he makes it home by 8pm. Normally it would take him 4.5hrs. Hope you're warmer where you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment