Sunday, September 19, 2010

Dinner For Shmucks

Last night, our new writer, Steve, and I decided to take advantage of our free movie deal with one of the local cinemas (perks of radio, I tell ya). I don't go to a lot of movies, but this one looked pretty good from the previews. Paul Rudd, Steve Carell and Zach Galifianakis? Should be a great flick right? BOY WAS I WRONG!

I thought 40 Year Old Virgin was hilarious. Forgetting Sarah Marshall was also funny! And if you've never seen Zach Galifianakis' "Between Two Ferns" you're definitely missing out.

I posted on Facebook that I was going to see it tonight. Most said it was really funny. Some said that it had a slow start, but got funnier. Not one person said it sucked.

At one point during the movie, I looked over at Steve, and he looked like he was sleeping, but I couldn't be sure. At what I thought was about an hour in, I checked my phone to see what time it was, and how much more of this I had to endure. It never occurred to me to lean over and ask Steve if we could leave.

What didn't I like about it? Let's see....well, the characters, they were alright. I actually thought the role of Barry was really good, and Steve Carell played a great "Idiot". One character I could have done without was "Darla". She was the one night stand of Tim (Paul Rudd) from 3 years prior. She did nothing for me.
I really enjoyed the different outfits and scenarios that Barry's roadkill were in. However, if you read You Thought We Wouldn't Notice, even they're not happy with the film for the blatant rip-off of the original concept from a San Fransisco artist.

Those who told me it got better towards the end were partially right. I got a few more chuckles out of the "Idiot's Dinner" part of the movie.

At the end of the day, I give this one 1/10 and I'm glad not a single dime of my money will be going in their pockets for this one. I opted to spend my money at the snack counter. Oh yeah. When did they stop making DILL PICKLE popcorn seasoning?? Another rant for another day, I guess.

Have you seen Dinner For Shmucks? Did you like it? Leave your reviews below!

No comments:

Post a Comment