Thursday, December 17, 2009

Where's Lucy? I Have Five Cents.....



Normally, I love Christmas. It's one of my favorite holidays. Second to Thanksgiving. But this year....I wish I could go to bed until the New Year. I thought I could hack this....but it's really tough to be away from your family at the holidays, especially when that's all you've ever known. I look at my tree....


Now there's lots of presents underneath it.....I have Christmas Cards on display....but I have no desire to play Christmas Carols...I caught myself singing one the other day and just felt sad. Sigh. I don't even want to open my presents anymore. I just want it to be done. Either that, or if someone could invent teleportation, that'd be sweet too.

I've watched almost all of my favorite childhood Christmas movies...except the original Dr. Seuss' How The Grinch Stole Christmas. I spose I'll save that for my Christmas Eve.

I realize I won't be alone...I have my boyfriend, James. But it's just not the same. The only thing consistent is Mozart. But not even he's feeling festive. For the first time, he's started eating the fake Christmas tree!! He's never done that before!!

I think it's a sign. Wake me when it's 2010.


P.S. My BB still hasn't arrived....UPS/Purolator = on my shit list. 

1 comment:

  1. Come to my house then!
    I'll be drinking all day long
    Rye whiskey and beer.

    That's my 25th expressed in Haiku

    ReplyDelete