Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The Move/Settling In Phase Continues

I realize it's been awhile since I posted an entry. I tell you - this moving thing is a pain in the ass. I moved in (officially) Sept 30th and I'm still not unpacked. Today's project involved hemming my curtains. Kinda.

I took the time to iron these damn things....and how do I hem them? Hang them and start cutting. Of course they're not straight. But at least there isn't 3 feet of curtain at the bottom, in a linen-puddle, collecting dust, dead skin cells and pet hair.


Part of my settling process has been purging all the crap I don't need anymore. And let me tell you - I am a HUGE fan of freecycling. I've freecycled a number of items in the past 24 hours and it sure made a difference. It's one more box that can be flattened away, and out of my room. Look for the Freecycle Group for your area on Yahoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment